From the Constitution Libertarian desk of
Krystal A. Kelly

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Words Cannot Express

In the next county over, families are grieving. Families in my county are grieving. Hell, I find myself fighting tears. Four 18-year-old high school senior boys went duck hunting last week on the lake. Their boat capsized. One boy, a strong swimmer, was on his way to shore when someone saw him from their house.

The body of another boy was found two days ago. The other two boys are still missing. There are strong currents out there. Parts of the lake and chanels are 40-70 feet deep. These boys were wearing waders.

What is even more despairing is that the Coast Guard does practice manuevers out there on a regular basis. When the cry went out about these boys, guess how many boats and people the Coast Guard sent out.

None.

All searching has been done by VOLUNTEERS. When a tragedy occures halfway around the world, our country sends help. But NOTHING has been done to help find these boys in our own country.

There are many places along the lake and chanels where they may have washed up, dead or alive. However, with the weather below freezing the famlies of the other two boys have to accept the inevitable. Their sons are dead. And there's been no official help.

ONE professional team from TEXAS, over 1,000 miles away, volunteered to come. That's it.

These families and our communities need closure. They wouldn't come when there was a chance. Perhaps now they'll come just so we can bury the bodies of our children left for dead or to die.

I have nothing left to say.


~*~*~Krystal~*~*~

8 comments:

Jeffrey L Watts said...

It's hard to understand why certain things aren't done. There is a Coast Guard Station in Hickman, KY...that much closer than 1000 miles.

Brooke said...

God, Krystal, I'm sorry!

Anonymous said...

Krystal, I'm so sorry.
I know you're hurting.

It might sound trite, but I WILL pray for these families tonight.
I'll pray that God's peace will carry them through this awful journey.

It's so unnatural to lose a child.

Barney said...

Amazing how our own country cant help it's neighbors...

But, as you stated.. were happy to send help thousands of miles away.

My prayers to those families that have lost loved ones... no greater sorrow than to have to bury your child.

Krystal said...

Batman, that fact has been quite the topic of conversation around here.

Brooke, just be praying for these families.

Pinky, it's not trite at all. No parent should have to bury a child.

Barney, the neighbors are helping. It's the government, with the equipment and trainging, that doesn't seem to care.

Mrs4444 said...

How horrible. This breaks my heart. Has there been any more news?

Krystal said...

I should know more after church Sunday.

Mrs4444 said...

Anything yet? I feel for those parents...

Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

98

As a 1930s wife, I am
Very Superior

Take the test!